I got an unexpected and pleasant surprise today when I saw that I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award…by two bloggers! Having just started blogging, never in my wildest dream did I expect to have people reading, liking and commenting on my posts let alone nominate me for an award. Thank you so much, Tamara Hoerner (The Purple Almond) and Bernadine (Bern Bakes) for the nominations. It means so much to me that the both of you thought of including my blog in your lists.
Here’s Tamara’s blog, which I love because it promotes wellbeing and health but keeps it interesting.
Here’s Bernadine’s blog, which has lots of yummy recipes and photos that make me salivate.
- THANK THE BLOGGER WHO NOMINATED YOU AND PROVIDE A LINK TO THEIR BLOG.
- WRITE A POST TO SHOW YOUR AWARD.
- GIVE A BRIEF STORY OF HOW YOUR BLOG STARTED.
- GIVE TWO PIECES OF ADVICE TO NEW BLOGGERS.
- SELECT 15 OTHER BLOGGERS YOU WANT TO GIVE THIS AWARD TO.
- COMMENT ON EACH BLOG AND LET THEM KNOW YOU HAVE NOMINATED THEM & PROVIDE THE LINK TO THE POST YOU CREATED.
How my blog started:
I’ve had the idea of starting a blog for a while now, at least a couple of years. I finally got around to doing it last month when I had some downtime at work. It’s a hobby, an outlet and a way to keep me sane given that I have a very hectic life working full time, being a wife, a mum, etc. It has only been less than two months but it’s been lots of fun. I’ve really enjoyed interacting with other bloggers and was amazed to find this big community of lovely people. I hope to keep this up!
Two pieces of advice to new bloggers:
- Make it personal – write about things that you truly care about and your own experiences. I’ve been experimenting and have written about all sorts of different things. What I’ve found is that people tend to react to posts which are more personal rather than generic ones.
- Keep posting! It always starts off slow but you just need to keep at it. For me, in six short weeks, blogging has become a part of my life and I’m always getting inspiration and encouragement from other bloggers. Certainly cheers up a dull day at work.
Books, Books and More Books https://piratepatty.wordpress.com/
Okoto Enigma’s Blog https://okotoenigma.wordpress.com/
The Girl That Dreams Awake https://thegirlthatdreamsawake.wordpress.com/
Glimpses of My Life https://myblogcherry.wordpress.com/
Swede in Barca https://swedeinbarca.wordpress.com/
Chiara’s Corner https://chiarascornersite.wordpress.com/
Alexis Chateau http://alexischateau.com/
Love Travelling https://lovetravellingallaroundtheworld.wordpress.com/
The Daily Stroll https://sudershana.wordpress.com/
Artist by beauty https://artistbybeauty.blog/
This tiny blue house https://thistinybluehouse.wordpress.com/