This is my first tag, a big thank you to cherry of Glimpses of my life for nominating me for the 2016/2017 Tag. Please check out cherry’s blog at https://myblogcherry.wordpress.com/ which contains lots of fun and interesting reads.
- Describe your 2016 in 3 words
Uncertain, learning, family
- Write the name of 2 people that have characterized your 2016.
The 2 people who made an impact to my year were my daughter and my manager. My daughter has changed so much in one year and made my life fun and interesting but also challenging and tiring. She’s given me so many new experiences and she’s always making me laugh. As for my manager, he’s one of the more interesting persons I’ve met in my career. He has been supportive, but also flexible, funny and created a good team dynamic. Given that I work full time, I probably spent more time with my manager than my husband! I enjoy my conversations with him, as he always has time to debate about things in life, rather than just work.
- Write the most beautiful place you’ve visited in 2016 and why you liked it so much.
Blue Mountains in Australia – it has magnificent views, great walks and fresh air. The views took my breath away and felt so wild and untouched that it reminded me of Jurassic park.
- Write the most delicious food you’ve tasted in 2016.
Szechuan fried chicken bao from Little Bao, an innovative little restaurant in Hong Kong which specializes in fusion burgers – burgers made using Chinese steamed buns. The chicken bao contained crispy fried chicken (I’m a sucker for good fried chicken) with a tang of numbing Szechuan pepper. The Chinese steamed buns were soft and fluffy. What a great idea!
- Write the event which has marked your 2016 (even global event).
Brexit – It creates uncertainty and for me personally, it reduces my chances of relocating back to London in the near term. It saddens me that the politicians who were advocating for Brexit were misrepresenting the facts and some of the people who voted Yes did not even understand what Brexit meant.
- Write the finest purchase you’ve made in 2016, and if you want link a photo.
I hate to admit it but I splurged on a Burberry handbag last year. In my defense, I needed a proper medium sized handbag for external meetings and conferences. I also bought it in the duty free shop in London Heathrow, which made it slightly less expensive.
- Write 3 good intentions for 2017.
Exercise twice a week; keep blogging; spend more quality time with my family
- Write 1 place you want to visit in 2017.
Japan! I didn’t manage to go last year. I’m hoping to take my parents to Kyoto during autumn, as it’s been on their wish list for a few years.
- Write 1 food you want to eat in 2017.
This is a tough one; I want to eat so many different things. If I had to choose, I still haven’t found a good tapas restaurant in Hong Kong. When I was living in London, tapas was one of my favourite cuisines so hopefully I’ll get to have good tapas this year.
Here are my nominations for the tag:
These are your questions :
1. Describe your 2016 in 3 words.
2. Write the name of 2 people that have characterized your 2016.
3. Write the most beautiful place you’ve visited in 2016 and why you liked it so much.
4. Write the most delicious food you’ve tasted in 2016.
5. Write the event which has marked you more of this in 2016 (even global event).
6. Write the finest purchase you’ve made in this 2016, and if you want link a photo.
7. Write 3 good intentions for this 2017.
8. Write 1 place you want to visit in 2017.
9. Write 1 plate/food you want to eat in 2017.
Have a good day!