A big thank you to Vanessa of wanderlustplusone for nominating me for my second award – the Sunshine Blogger Award. It feels great to know that there are people reading my blog and think that it’s good enough for an award. Please check out her blog at https://wanderlustplusone.wordpress.com/ I’m always amazed by how she is able to travel to so many exciting places with a child in tow.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given out by bloggers to fellow bloggers who blog about positive, happy and inspiring content. I think this concept is also a great way of discovering other blogs that leave a positive feeling.
In the spirit of the award I will be nominating in turn 11 bloggers that I love to follow, and if my nominees want to accept the award, I encourage them to read and follow the rules of the award as below:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Here are my answers to the eleven questions Vanessa asked:
- Where would you most like to drink a cup of tea or coffee?
Piazza del Duomo, Milan, Italy – I was there with my hubby (at that time, boyfriend) more than ten years ago and we stumbled upon this beautiful café (I’m afraid I can’t remember the name of it) at the piazza, with gorgeous views, great coffee and cakes. I would love to go back one of these days to have a relaxing cup of coffee there.
- Which island would you most like to be stranded on?
I’m generally not much of a beach person, so this is a tough one. I’ll go with Majorca, as there are beautiful beaches and I love Spanish food.
- Swimsuit, hiking boots or ski suit?
- What would your preferred hotel style be? Modern, traditional, luxury…?
It depends – in most places, I would opt for modern. However, in Japan, traditional wins hands down.
- What’s and where is your favourite museum?
Natural History Museum, London. There’s an annual photography exhibition that I especially love – the Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
- What are the cities you would most and least like to live in that you have visited?
I would love to live in Sydney, it feels very laidback but still has the hustle and bustle of a major city. Food is fresh and delicious, the people are nice, weather was great when I was there and it is probably one of the least polluted cities I’ve been to. It is also close to the lovely Blue Mountains and Hunter Valley. At the other end of the spectrum is Chengdu in China – I visited this city a few years back and found that it was dusty and polluted, with lots of construction going on. The people weren’t nice and it didn’t feel safe either. I’m also not a fan of spicy food, which is very prominent in the food in Chengdu.
- Where was your first flight to?
If I’m not mistaken, it was from Penang to Kuala Lumpur, a domestic flight in Malaysia, when I was still a baby.
- How many countries have you visited?
More than 20
- Which language would you like to speak?
Japanese, it sounds like such a beautiful and gentle language
- If you could travel back in time to meet a historical figure, who would it be and why?
Christopher Columbus. I would like to understand how he went about his exploration and whether he had any fears when going to uncharted territory, also how it felt discovering new lands.
- Are there any places in the world you would not want to visit, and why?
Not really, other than for safety reasons. For example, I’m not keen to visit North Korea even though I’m curious to see the North Korean’s lifestyle, for fear of not being able to leave.
Nominees and Questions
I nominate the following bloggers for the Sunshine Award:
Here are my questions:
- List three words that best describe your personality.
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are the three things that you would bring to a desert island?
- Which type of holiday do you like most – beach/relaxation, adventure or sightseeing?
- Where was your most memorable holiday and why?
- If you were to take a gap year, what would you do and where would you go?
- What is your favourite cuisine?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- Have you seen any good TV series or movies recently that you would recommend?
- What is your favourite cartoon from your childhood?
- If you won the lottery for $1 million, what is the first thing that you would spend it on?
Looking forward to reading your responses!