I’m thrilled to say that I’ve received an award from a great travel blogger. Thanks for nominating me, Audrey! Check out her blog:
What is Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and links back to their blogs.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 other bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or your blog
My response to Audrey’s questions
What is the story behind your blog’s name?
It’s a description of who I am – a mixed bag; mix of Chinese, Malaysian and Western cultures and viewpoints, loving mum/wife at home & career woman at work, caught between being swept along by the cosmopolitan way of living in HK and wanting to live a chilled out, hypster life, etc.
Why did you start blogging?
To distract me from the daily grind of life and as an outlet for my views.
What, according to you, is the best thing about blogging?
Discovering an open minded and diverse blogging community
Where are you from and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your hometown/state/country?
I’m from Malaysia and unfortunately, a lot of great Malaysian food always ends up being viewed by the international community as Singapore food (sorry, Audrey!)
What kind of traveller are you – spontaneous or planner?
Share your worst travel experience ever.
I’m undecided between Morocco (had to run after two guys who took off with our luggage, arrived during a festival where they slaughter goats so there were carcasses and blood everywhere) or Jiuzhaigou in Sichuan, China (after waiting for hours, flight was delayed. Ended up spending a night in a hotel which was freezing and had no water).
What is one important lesson you have learnt in your travels?
Try to always remain open minded.
If you could travel back in time to meet a historical figure, who would it be and why?
Christopher Columbus. I would like to understand how he went about his exploration and whether he had any fears when going to uncharted territory, also how it felt discovering new lands.
Are you a coffee or tea drinker and why?
Both, can’t live without a cup of coffee in the morning to kick start my day, but drink green tea throughout the day because it’s lighter, and herbal tea after dinner to relax.
Are you adventurous when coming to food while you travel?
To a certain extent, I draw the line at eating unidentified food items or raw chicken liver (my cousin had that in Japan!)
If you have tried local specialities during your travel, which dish left a strong impression on you?
Moroccan mint tea – why is it SO sweet?!
Eleven random facts about myself
1. I am a sucker for chicken wings, fried chicken and pork chop
2. I lost one of my front teeth at the age of 3 in front of a shark tank
3. I get really cranky when I’m hungry or hot
4. I can’t stand clutter and love throwing things away
5. I learned how to cycle when I was in my mid-20s
6. I’m a X Men fan and cried watching Logan
7. I love horror films even though I have trouble sleeping after watching them
8. My first flight was when I was a baby, from Penang to Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia
9. I don’t get what’s the big fuss about weddings, I just wanted to get mine over and done with so that we can go on our honeymoon
10. I actually have pretty decent IT skills but pretend that I’m rubbish so that my hubby has to do it (but I think that he may be catching on)
11. I’m addicted to massages
Nominated blogs for the Liebster Award
Unfortunately, due to time constraints, I don’t follow many blogs. But here are the ones that I follow on a regular basis. I hope that you will accept my nomination because I think your blogs are really interesting and engaging.
My questions to my nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s the most surprising thing that you’ve discovered about yourself since you started blogging?
- What are three words that you would use to describe yourself?
- Which famous person inspires you and why?
- Which do you prefer – TV or book?
- If you took a year out and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
- Which three places would you like to visit?
- What is the first thing that you do when you get home?
- Do you dream in colour?
- What is your dream job?
- Of all the reality TV programs out there, which one are you most likely to participate in?
Thanks for reading about me and I hope to hear more about my nominees!